[Ktechlab-devel] The biggest technical issue

Jonathan-David SCHRODER myselfhimself at free.fr
Mon May 26 12:47:54 UTC 2008

hi
devices could be compiled in shared libraries along with the executable, and
still be written in C/C++.
or ktechlab could include some interpreted language runtime which is able to
compile scripts to binary and execute them.
in Blender's game engine, python scripts are parsed & converted to bytecode,
and then the bytecode is evaluated at each requested iteration. The thing is
that it's node compiled code that's run but bytecode. The speed is ok
though.
I think that ruby can compile files into executable but I'm not sure. So
with this assumption, if ruby is include inside ktechlab, every time new
components are downloaded and added to the ktechlab device libraries, ruby
could compile these new devices scripts and those could be dynamically
linked as shared libraries.

One month ago, I noticed a piece of software on the internet which does the
same thing as ktechlab (and with hdl support), it's a shareware... maybe...
I find the web page again, I could contact the software developper and ask
him how things work for his software application (I'll test first if the
software can use external components).

proteus's isis also has an interactive circuit simulator... maybe we could
write to them and ask them how things work as to how components are
stored/loaded/compiled.

Jonathan

http://www.jaxtr.com/myselfhimself