[Ktechlab-devel] KTechLab - The Apprentice.

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Fri May 23 04:39:19 UTC 2008

OK, Here's what I'm going to do:

Those of you in the UK and the USA have probably heard of a TV programme
called 'The Apprentice'. The general idea that that a group of hopeful
job applicants are given various tasks to prove themselves capable of
achieving a position in a high-ranking post with a well known
industrialist. The applicants are splint in to teams for various tasks,
the team that loses a particular task are dragged into a board meeting
and one of them is fired.

Well, could that format work in open source?
I think so.

So, up for grabs is the position of Project Manager of KTechLab.

It's unpaid, but at least you won't have to work for Alan Sugar or
Donald Trump - but as the winner, you will have built up a successful
open source project and competed against some of the best in the
industry. A sure bet on any C.V.

So here's how it will go: Sixteen people will be selected to undertake a
series of eight tasks, each will test your team work, marketing,
business and technical abilities. The first task will start on the 1st
of August - 10pm GMT in Second Life (Location to be announced)

If you want to take part in this challenge, then e-mail me a short
resume of your skills, and ensure that you have a FaceBook and Second
Life account.

The competition will be judged my myself and two 'Blue Chip' Colleagues
of mine.

Jason