[Ktechlab-devel] oh well...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Jun 22 01:08:00 UTC 2008

I found the error, something in kdevelop thought that "there's this path
called math so therefore it's "libmath". I had thought that name was too
generic so I had thought I had configured everything to call it
"libtechmath".... And thus there was a problem.

Attached is an attempt to implement the the schematic of my father's
1974 vintage Harman Kardon 430 amplifier. The transistors in that thing
were special high-Hfe types and the pair of diodes in the middle of the
thing were the thermal detection diodes, affixed to the heat-sink.
Because transistors suck, their temperature plays a large and critically
important role in their performance  -- not implemented in ktechlab!

I think some of the diodes were germanium (all diodes are silicon in
ktechlab!!) and or the models for the transistors or diodes are off by a
bit, therefore it is impossible to calibrate the bias voltage (0.025
volts) correctly. Otherwise, the amp does appear to work albeit with
some glitches. I don't know the value of the inductor.

For reasons that need to be investigated, it takes a while for the model
to "wake up" but when it does, it does indeed work. That being said, the
actual amp takes about 30 seconds to start playing...

--
Ron Paul: A man of Peace.
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.