[Ktechlab-devel] The biggest technical issue

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:20:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Michael T. <mickljosapth at gmail.com> wrote:

> The qucs main site is going to get updated too to reflect that soon?
I am not sure about this because i was the main person involved in the
port. And currently i am busy with summer of code (umbrello under kde)
But then a fellow developer (git enthusiast) is developing the port in
his spare time in git repo hosted at tuxfamily. (unofficial)
It will take atleast 3-4 months to decide on it (after i finish my soc)

> Does it mean that it will do interactive simulations in the future?
I don't think so. The qucs-core is the backend simulator program which
accepts net list as input and generates simulated output as files
(with plot data)
The gui uses this to display the result.
Right now in qucs-qt3, it is possible to do 2 or more simulations
simultaneously though.

I have to discuss this with the maintainer to know more information
about this idea.

> SVG + XML is cool combo to draw components correctly.
Yup.

1. git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/qucsqt4dev/qucsqt4.git
2. git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/qucsqt4dev/qcomponents/qucscomponents.git

Have a look at link 2 to see how the components are represented
currently. Nothing is final, it is still under development.

I am really sorry if anyone feels i *hijacked* this thread. :)
I just hope may be ktechlab can collaborate with qucs in future
because even i like the interactiveness of ktechlab :)

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A