[Ktechlab-devel] The biggest technical issue

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:26:18 UTC 2008

> But as I said, I don't know how big this challenge is because I'm not
> into the code.
> I think that if this is done, I will read every line commited to
> understand how it works.

Believe me, it is very hard to rewrite an already existing code. Its
better to start from scratch using the old codebase as a guide. This
helps us to accelerate at a better pace.

As some one mentioned Qucs doesn't do interactive simulation, but the
port of Qucs to qt4 is seeing umpteen changes. We started from the
ground up, because porting qt3 code directly doesn't always help. Also
it doesn't let us exploit the cool great features of qt4.

We are trying to use svg+xml to represent components in qucs and good
news is its working now. We are also using xslt and ngschema to
validate the xml and svg.
The graphicsview really helps to simplify lots of gui handling stuff.
Here is a screen shot
http://picasaweb.google.com/krishna.ggk/Projects/photo#5176846323701445890

So, i think may be ktechlab in future can derive some code from
qucs-qt4 and hopefully the vice-versa as well. :-)

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A