[Ktechlab-devel] A few more ideas

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 8 19:55:58 UTC 2008

  >   Back to the refactoring: is there a plan? I've read in a previous
message
> that some stuff from the Node class shoud be moved in the FPNode, I guess.
> Any other TODOs?

just general code-cop operations...

When you look at Node class, you see a field which basically sez what
kind of node it is... This is a C style of code, there are four or five
possible types, this implies that there is code elsewhere that is
contingent on what type it is. In object oriented languages you simply
use polymorphism and overloading to make a subclass for each type and
provide each subclass with the methods appropriate to it, there is some
redundant code but no "if type = foo then bar" code. This is a general
red flag indication that refactoring is necessary.

Behaviorally, I've seen all kinds of strangeness, such as currents
disappearing into nothing, and other signs that the simulation code is
severely broken in some cases.

--
Ron Paul: A man of Peace.
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.