[Ktechlab-devel] looking at Simulator

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 29 14:51:52 UTC 2008

P Zoltan wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:13:57 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
> wrote:

>> I pushed out the patch to take switches out of the simulator, Switch
>> will need to be patched somehow, see the todo.

>> The todo's for Simulator are as follows:

>> 1. The simulator should not be tied to the UI, remove all UI calls from
>> the simulator.

>   Agreed.

Further investigation showed that what's going on is based on how the
current parts library is implemented. Some of the parts require extra
simulation code which was implemented in the GUI object. I'm not
defending this design decision, just wanted to add some clarification.

>   Why that? Qt has threading support. See here:

>   http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/threads.html

Yes, that makes more sense, my bad.

--
New president: Here we go again...