[Ktechlab-devel] Studying the job...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 19 23:28:21 UTC 2007

I've been going through a printout of Voltage Source and its related
classes to try to get a better understanding of how it could be
re-implemented in the form of a parts database entry. I keep finding
junk that I had removed in my own personal fork but which are still
present in the CVS tree... I found a tarball of what I had been passing
around before, it probably needs some tidying up before it gets put in
one of the SVN branches... If you need it, ask. -- it has problems with
it's engine though because it was a snapshot of the changes I was making
while I was rebuilding it.

A brief profiling run on the SVN sources (using valgrind) showed that,
if I am interpreting this correctly, 23% of the execution time was taken
up in the [] methods of matrix and Vector. I'm pretty sure that my own
Qmatrix and Qvector classes optimized many of the 8 million calls to
those functions out... (and this really was a brief run...)

Don't worry about my matrix classes messing up the engine, the results
should be identical until you start mucking with the LU decomposition
solver...

--
Opera: Sing it loud! :o(  )>-<