[Ktechlab-devel] Mystery Code

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 19 17:18:05 UTC 2007

Gopala Krishna wrote:
> Sorry to sneak in bits of extra information here but since the topic
> came here first i would like to tell you that we(qucs-qt4) are going
> totally for xmlizing and svgizing the components - if not at the
> backend,  atleast the visual representation will be xmlized.
> Once the formats are finalized i'll post it here.
> May be ktechlab can also share those xml files in a future version.

I agree with that ideal, as I said, I kinda stumbled on QT4, I had been
hoping to be a back-end guy.

I will need a great deal of help with this. =\

Consider all the types of information we'd have...

Example: resistor.

list of information:

# Cutesy SVG representation for parts list.

# Schematic picture. to represent idealized component.

# Classic through hole rendering with rules for color-banding. to show
failure-analysis simulation.

# SMD flatpack resistor with value-code.

# large wire-wound type for resistors over 5 watts. -- see "ohmite" for
an example.

# governing equations including failure modes. (if the wattage rating is
exceeded, the value of the resistor will rise exponentially then it will
fail open...)

# Spice model for linear analysis.

# Property editor including formulas for generating standard types and
power ratings as well as arbitrary values.

And probably other information that I can't think of right now...

> BTW i guess ktechlab port to kde4 will be a complete rewrite. Are you
> planning to do this in near future ?

I'll order the books... Amazon lead me to a book about QT4 written by
the KDE guys... The latest edition of the book mentioned in-thread is
still pre-release.

--
Buy Ron Paul's Money! =)
http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/ronpauldollar