[Ktechlab-devel] Automake problems

Claudiu Covaci claudiu.covaci at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:46:39 UTC 2007

> Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:34:15 +0100
> From: Jason Lucas <jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ktechlab-devel] Automake problems
> To: ktechlab-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > actually, the output is not very big ("full compiler ouput" in
> > KDevelop selected):
> >
> > cd '/home/clau/projects/ktechlab/trunk' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" make
> > -f Makefile.cvs && mkdir '/home/clau/projects/ktechlab/trunk/debug' &&
> > cd '/home/clau/projects/ktechlab/trunk/debug' && CXXFLAGS="-O0 -g3"
> > "/home/clau/projects/ktechlab/trunk/configure" --enable-debug=full
> > --prefix=/usr --enable-pch=yes && cd
> > '/home/clau/projects/ktechlab/trunk/debug/src/core/' &&
> > WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" make -k libcore.la
> > This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> > This will be deleted before making the distribution
> > *** YOU'RE USING autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61.
> > *** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
> > make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > *** Exited with status: 2 ***
> >
> Clau,
>
> Try copying the attached cvs.sh to your ktechlab /admin directory. (Make
> a back-up copy of the original and make the new file executable). Let me
> know if it solves the problem.
>
> Jason

Hi,

well, I couldn't download the file ("insufficent parameters" ???). I
was logged & stuff, it didn't work. Maybe you can email it to me
directly? I'm at gmail.com (address above). Sourceforge is very slow
and... not very fun to use. Have you considered moving the project
elsewhere? Also, have you consideret using git? I saw Linus Torvalds
speaking about it and the differences to CVS/SVN on Google Video (do a
search...). :-)
I find it very frustrated to be blocked by such insignificant
problems. That's why I think this should be really a matter to think
about.
Bye
Clau