[Ktechlab-devel] Automake problems

Claudiu Covaci claudiu.covaci at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:56:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

First I'd like to say that I am happy too that KTechLab development
will be continued and I would gladly try to help (I'm an Computer
Science student and I'm usign KTechLab this semester). I would like to
contribute with programming, but I don't know if my skills are good
enough. Else, I'll probably help with documentation.

Anyway, here's my problem: I have Kubuntu 7.04 and I downloaded the
latest SVN version of KTechLab. When I try to compile and run the
program (KDevelop), I get an Automake error: that I am using automake
(GNU Automake) 2.61, and the program needs 2.53 or newer. That sounds
illogical and I don't know what I can do to fix this. I looked in the
repositories for a older version of automake but there's nothing
there. Do I need some other dev-packages installed?

BR
Claudiu