[Ktechlab-devel] Separating ui

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:32:40 UTC 2007

Hi,
   I just get a feel that most people currently involved with ktechlab
coding are good in GUI but novice in the simulation side. Me too on
same side.
Because of this I feel it would be great if we separate gui from
simulation side. We can actually develop ktechlab into universal
client for all kinds simulator and maintain the default ktechlab one
to support oscilloscope which requires continues simulation. Ideally
we should get quscator(simulator  without gui), gnucap, ngspice..
working with ktechlab gui. We should be using plugins for this kind of
integration. Once done we can also start supporting pcb. Too add spice
we can also introduce scripting using kross or QtScript!

Please note that these ideas are very vague at the moment and involve
lots of assumptions. We have to decide our proper motto before we
begin qt4 port. I will able to join the project somewhere in the last
week of July.

For now lets see how each of us imagine ktechlab-kde4 in future, so
please do share your opinion.

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A