[Ktechlab-devel] gpsim ktechlab crash.. CSimulationContext

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Jul 8 16:03:21 UTC 2007

Bryan wrote:
> This is unbelievable after looking at the error "no debug symbols found"
> I checked portage if theres anyway to add debugging symbols. Which there
> is with the debug use flag.. so I recompiled with it...Expecting to get
> a error message.. it dosen't crash..  why would adding debug fix this?
> on the other hand I upgraded gpsim... does ktechlab need to be
> recompiled with new versions of gpsim? sorry... thanks for the promt
> reply Chitlesh...

There are several things which can give you more debug info on gentoo,

-- add "nostrip" to the portage options.
-- add "-ggdb" to the Cflags.

you can also compile things at lower -Ox factors, however this has
caused problems for me because some packages break when compiled with
-O0 !!!

--
Opera: Sing it loud! :o(  )>-<