[Ktechlab-devel] solid state sucks

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 4 02:59:05 UTC 2007

In trying to get the demos to work again, I started trying to figure out
what was wrong with the LEDs.

I HATE SOLID STATE. =P

I don't even know the equations... My physics text doesn't even get into
it until after it has gone through quantum mechanics...

I tweaked the matrix class with a "nuke row" method which will safely
remove a variable that can't be solved and then restarts the LU
factorization with a goto statement. -- yes, I'm evil...

To do much more with the underlying math engine, I think there needs to
be a new GUI feature, the ability to view the model for each circuit,
and element. -- you right click on something and can view the matrix
colored so that you can see which variable is supposed to do what.

Next time I start working on this, I think that will be my priority...

In the future, I was thinking of moving the state variables for the
reactive components into the matrix too. It should be possible to give
stuff like the charge on the capacitor and the clock a matrix row and
expect it to work without a "step reactive" method on each object... =P

--
|/-\|/-\|