[Ktechlab-devel] been doin' some hackin'

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 14 08:25:22 UTC 2006

I've been working through my cursory code review of Ktechlab, I'm now
most of the way through the C's. =P

Interestingly, my gentoo system is compiled with full debugging symbols
enabled and stripping disabled, ktechlab is 55mb in size, the biggest
binary on my drive! =P

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 55,319,776 Oct  8 04:36 ktechlab

[DOS-style commas added for readability.]

Obviously, that needs to change.

I've also bought some books, A pocket handbook, a small book of
engineering formulas by Gieck, and a book on switch mode power supplies.
(I have this idea for a wicked KT88 amplifier. =)

One of the interesting thing I've learned is about the standard resistor
and capacitor values. There should be a menu to select from the standard
values or to have the system generate a network of parts to achieve a
specified resistance/capacitance and to compute the expected tolerances.

When I finish my sweep, I'll figure out how to release my code to those
interested. =)

--
People say DOS is not reliable, For me it is as constant as the speed of
light.