[Ktechlab-devel] AVR Support in KTechLab using simulavrxx

Byrom Dorsey byrom at colquitt.org
Wed Mar 1 17:11:17 UTC 2006

Hi KTechLab developers,

First, thanks very much for providing this tool.  Excellent.

I, like many people, immediately wanted AVR support.  I saw
David's note about AVR support here:

http://wiki.ktechlab.org/tiki-index.php?page=General%20Features

and I was wondering what sort of effort it would really take.
So, I wrote to Klaus Rudolph, the author and supporter for
simulavrxx, to ask what he thought of the idea.  Here's part
of what Klaus said:

   "It should be a simple thing to include the simuavrxx to any
   other gui/frontend, because I support already libraries for
   python and tcl/tk and c/c++. So there is no reason why we should
   not able to connect my 'pins' to your simulation...."

I'm sure "simple" is relative and depends on many things, as we
all know.

And Klaus asks:

   "Is there an interface description which 'my' simlator must fit
   in?  If so, send it to me and I will have a look inside the things."

Is this layed out somewhere?  If not, then maybe I can dig it out
of ktechlab and gpsim for Klaus.

What do you guys think?

Byrom