[Ktechlab-devel] points of style...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 16 21:25:33 UTC 2006

-- Whenever you put a space after a *, I tend to read it as the binary
multiply operator instead of the unary pointer operator.

All pointers should always be written *p, with no space.

-- While there is clearly a good effort to maintain proper indentation,
there is a special rule regarding labeles. ( any line ending with a
colon instead of a semicolon) are supposed to be flush with the left
side of the current scope....

class foo {

	public:
		int bar, baz bat;
};

should be:

class foo {
public:
	int bar, baz, bat;
};

Similarly with switch statements...

/////////////////////////////////

My project for today is to try to get voltage sources to float properly...

I've not been able to figure out exactly how the voltage is being
reported, the code is written in a strange C++ syntax with parentheses
on the LHS of an expression! 8P I managed to track down that function
but there weren't any comments and the variable names became incredibly
terse. =\

I also noted that certain typedefs appear many times throughout the
code... I've been trying to consolodate them but I keep banging my head
against C++... =((( I'm really beginning to apreciate languages such as
Java which force you to put everything in the same place! =P

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

### NEW E-MAIL: agrimes at speakeasy.net ###