[Ktechlab-devel] 16F88 instead of 16F84?

deifo at ono.com deifo at ono.com
Tue Jan 31 12:22:31 UTC 2006

>I read that the 16F84 is obsolete and replaced by the 16F88.
>http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys/16F88.html

I disagree with this guy in one thing: in some places 16F84 is actually cheaper
than most other PICs because it's the most common, so the electronic shops
buy it in large quantities. Moreover the newest PICs are difficult to find.
So, for the small city where I live, located in a country where there is
not electronics industry, the 16F84 is the cheapest choice, and 16F88 is
nonexistent. Of course thanks to Microchip we can request free samples :-)