[Ktechlab-devel] Documentation for developers?

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Mon Jan 30 00:33:03 UTC 2006

I setup a wiki at http://wiki.ktechlab.org/ a week ago - it's still being
tested - so not "officially" released. But it is starting to act as a focal
point for development, and there are some useful resources there for
development.

Also, there is the API documentation at http://ktechlab.org/api/ktechlab/
(this needs updating).

On Friday 27 January 2006 15:51, kitts wrote:
> Hi,
> I had once posted to this list appreciating the work that happens. I just
> installed ktechlab and it all seems pretty impressive!
:)

> I am still hoping to see more and more microcontrollers supported. From
> what i understand, the ktechlab is designed to accommodate others too, I am
> interested in knowing how to make this possible. Is there any
> documentation?
There's no specific documentation (yet) for adding microcontroller support. So
for information on it, you'll want to start by looking in the src/micro/
directory, and (for examples of gpsim integration): at the following classes:
GpsimProcessor, PICComponent, PICComponentPin.

> I hope KTechLab is not too PIC focussed! I would like to see easy
> possibility to plug-in support for other micros with a common interface. I
> hope the flow code concept can be supported too.
Nope. It's mostly microcontroller neutral. But adding flowcode support for
other microcontrollers either involves adding a different language-output
option for flowcode (i.e. other than microbe), or extending microbe to
support other microcontrollers.

> For a learning experience with KDE i could consider working on it when i
> have the time. If there are any resources out there that can help me get
> started...
Hopefully the wiki is / will become a good resource :)