[Ktechlab-devel] German translation

Thomas Winkel mail at thomas-winkel.de
Mon Jan 16 20:09:12 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag 12 Januar 2006 22:28 schrieb David Saxton:

> make -f admin/Makefile.common package-messages
> msgmerge --no-wrap -q -o de.po de.po ktechlab.pot
Ups, and I was waiting for a new ktechlab.pot via svn...

> > - in a FlowCode tab, when selecting a read Port or write port block
> > further options appear in the toolbar, the "to" is missing.
>
> I'm not too sure what to do with this one - the positions of the words are
> hardcoded between the widgets in the toolbar. Certainly, "to" could be
> i18n'ed, but this doesn't allow for languages that require other words to
> be inserted, or the ordering to be different...
can't you insert zero-length strings for each case? The "read" and "write" is
already translated, and the "to" I would simply translate to "nach".
But that's not such importand, everyone should understand it as it is, when
it's to much work.

> > - "<Enter location of PIC Program>" (there is a string, but it has no
> > effect) - the file filters in the dialogs file-open and load-PIC-program
The File -> Open filters and "program source" (when selecting a PIC) filters
are still missing, File -> Save as works now.

Furthermore the file types in the new-file dialog are untranslateable.