[Ktechlab-devel] German translation

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Thu Jan 12 21:28:27 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 14:32, Thomas Winkel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 11 Januar 2006 18:58 schrieb David Saxton:
> > > There are some untranslateable strings including the new options in
> > > svn, if it helps I can make a list.
> >
> > That would be very useful :)
>
> OK, here we go:
> - in the item browser: "Nonlinear" and "Subcircuits"
Subcircuits - fixed.

Nonlinear (actually, I've changed the category name to "Discrete" -
"Nonlinear" was only a temporary name) needs to be added to the POT file by
regenerating it and merging with de.po:

make -f admin/Makefile.common package-messages
msgmerge --no-wrap -q -o de.po de.po ktechlab.pot

> - in a FlowCode tab, when selecting a read Port or write port block further
> options appear in the toolbar, the "to" is missing.
I'm not too sure what to do with this one - the positions of the words are
hardcoded between the widgets in the toolbar. Certainly, "to" could be
i18n'ed, but this doesn't allow for languages that require other words to be
inserted, or the ordering to be different...

> - in matrix display: "Row cathode" and "column cathode"
> - in 7 segment: "Common anode" and "Common cathode"
There isn't an easy fix for them just at the moment. The trouble is that (by a
stupid design mistake) the strings "Row cathode", etc are stored in
the .circuit save file. So making these strings i18n would mean that circuits
designed with ktechlab in one language might not open properly in another
language. I'll see if I can fix it tonight.

> - "<Enter location of PIC Program>" (there is a string, but it has no
> effect) - the file filters in the dialogs file-open and load-PIC-program
Fixed.

> So, that's all for now :)
Thanks