[Ktechlab-devel] Feature Requests

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Tue Jan 10 17:45:40 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 14:20, asraniel wrote:
> Hello,
> first i want to thank you for this great application :-)
:)
> Im using it in class and i found some things that could be improved:
> -Save as component
>     We use normaly a application called DSCH2, where you can save a
> computer circuit, and then import it into another, but as a single
> component, where the in's of the component are the buttons of the original
> circuit and the outs are the LEDs. Like that you can easy make "macros".
> This would be a nice addition to ktechlab, but perhaps hard to code.

That sounds like subcircuits
(http://ktechlab.org/documentation/subcircuits.php), but with LEDs and
buttons instead of connections formed by the "External Connection"
components. Sounds like an interesting idea....

> -Move connection
>     One Problem i had with ktechlab is, you cant move the connections
> manualy. Most of the time the automatic positioning of the connection by
> ktechlab is good, but on bigger circuits sometimes you want to place it
> elsewhere because you can read it better afterwards.

There is also "manual connection routing" available
(http://ktechlab.org/documentation/connecting_components.php) to allow manual
control over positioning of connections. Or do you mean the ability to move
wires about in addition to this?

> -Color connections
>    The ktechlab way to show if on a connection there is 1 or 0, is not bad,
> but perhaps as a option you could color the connections in different colors
> if they are active or not, it can help to read bigger circuits.

What do you think of the attached image?

> Thank you for your great work.
>
> PS: perhaps as soon as im better in c++ i will try to help in the
> developement, but right now i have 2 other open source projects and not so
> much time.
Cool.