[Ktechlab-devel] a bug in KTechLab?

deifo at ono.com deifo at ono.com
Tue Feb 14 21:22:52 UTC 2006

I have a project with a .circuit file with a PIC in it, and a .asm file with
the following program:

        LIST P=PIC16F84
#include <p16f84.inc>
        ORG 000H
END

The program compiles succesfully without warnings, and the PIC is configured
with that .asm file.

When I click on the reload button on the PIC, KTechLab crashes with the attached
backtrace. I have gputils-0.13.3 installed. KTechLab from today svn.
Aditionally, when I load KTechLab (before I click the button) I see the following
messages in the console:

.cod range error
FIXME:  HLL files are not supported at the moment
Enabling WDT  timeout = 0.018 seconds
QColor::setRgb: RGB parameter(s) out of range

By the way, if you just have an .asm file with an 'END' on it and try to
compile, the following messages appear in the console:

Warning, you need to upgrade to gputils-0.13.0 or higher
(Your assembler version is  )
 is not a valid processor.
(try 'processor list' to see a list of valid processors.
 is not a valid processor.
(try 'processor list' to see a list of valid processors.
unrecognized processor in the program file