[Ktechlab-devel] run crash

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Fri Feb 10 18:11:04 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 19:52, Mr Jiff wrote:
>  When I try to "Run" the sdcc prog I get a crash without the offer of a
backtrace. If I run ktechlab from a console window I get this:

> FIXME:  HLL files are not supported at the moment
> Enabling WDT  timeout = 0.018 seconds
> KCrash: Application 'ktechlab' crashing...
> Alarm clock

I've occasionally managed to get it to crash (with the "Alarm clock" message),
but at the moment it doesn't want to crash.

What seems to be happening is that sometimes, the value in gpsim containing
the number of PIC registers is used uninitialized, and so ktechlab's array
containing the list of registers is created with an insane number of entries
(e.g. billions). I'll continue looking into it, but it looks like it'll
involve a fix on gpsim's side.

David