[Ktechlab-devel] Creating new component - Decoder

David Saxton david at bluehaze.org
Sun Aug 7 02:16:07 UTC 2005

Hello Fredy,

Your decoder component has very similar functionality to the demultiplexer
component; by holding the input to the demultiplexer component high, the
behaviour of the demultiplexer component is identical to that of the decoder
component.

Patches for new components are always very welcome :), but unfortunately, the
behaviour of the decoder seems too similar to that of the demultiplexer to be
accepted :( - if you think otherwise, please say.

Otherwise though, there are plenty of new components that could be created
(ALU components such as shifters and multipliers, components for interacting
with computer peripherals such as the parallel port, etc), which would be
very useful.

David Saxton