KStars

Martin Rabanser martin.rabanser at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 10:59:26 GMT 2024

Hello Hy,

And thank you for your response.

I did set the connection to Network, and I did save the configuration in Options. I was able to connect to the mount that way, but after the connection was established, it produced a series of error messages, complaining mainly about being unable to establish correct side of pier, time, and equatorial coordinates.

In addition to that, even if unpark from (whatever selected park position) and track afterwards was selected, it did not track, even if the corresponding button was green (selected).

I did a quick test today via a WiFi connection. It connected, but produced the very same error messages as the Ethernet connection. Please note that this time I tried to have the mount initialized through KStars / Ekos only, without the HC connected.

And I seem to be unable to set the correct Site coordinates for my observing location. I would like to set the coordinates to 46:xx:xx.x North, 11:xx:xx.x East. Even after saving them in Options, the next time I start Ekos / INDI, the latitude has been reset to 00:00:00.0 and the longitude set to what the latitude should have been, only with a minus sign before it. Weird.

It could be Firmware related, I don’t know. But if you were able to have it work correctly a year or so ago, some changes could have been introduced with the latest Firmware updates. Just a thought, mustn’t be the case here.

I’m including the log file for my latest run, perhaps you can see something that explains what is going on.

Will do another test with Ethernet this afternoon. Will let you know. As it is, it doesn’t work for me.

Thank you very much.

Martin