OS 10.14 Kstar version

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 20:20:41 GMT 2023

Hello Guido Coza,

The switch to 10.15 was not our choice, as we wanted to keep supporting older versions of MacOS.  Only supporting more recent versions of MacOS is required because KStars is built with craft, is open source software built on open source libraries, and is written/built in QT.  So if QT, the open source libraries, and/or craft decide that they won’t support older versions of MacOS, we have to go along with it.  This time it was Craft’s decision but it was based on the fact that many of the open source libraries they support won’t build their latest versions in anything older than 10.15.

Sorry about that,

Rob