UI Issue with enabling Inline Images

Bill Tschumy bill at otherwise.com
Thu Mar 10 21:35:56 GMT 2022

I have been very frustrated trying to get the Inline Images to display in KStars.  This has been compounded by the fact that the “KStars Add-On Installer” often seems to forget what’s installed (which the inline images are).

You need to make sure the "Inline Images” near the bottom of the Preferences > Advanced > Look & Feel options is checked.

I’m sorry, but this is poor UI.  Every other option in that grouping is related to if you want certain onscreen items to be hidden while panning the display.  I naturally assumed if you checked this it would hide the inline images while panning (which I didn't want).  I only found out the real meaning by hovering over the checkbox and saw "Show inline images on the sky”.

I would recommend this checkbox get moved to some other location in the Settings UI (probably near the top of the panel).  In addition, there are some checkboxes here that don’t have a hover description, I’d recommend adding them for all.

I don’t think I can attach an image to an email in this list.  So here is an image I’ve uploaded showing the problem.

https://www.otherwise.com/Inline_Images.png

Bill

--
Bill Tschumy