Kstars 3.5.5 error on Mac with case-sensitive file system

stuart@com stuart at randomuseless.com
Sat Jul 30 23:52:05 BST 2022

Robert:

I'm still having some case-sensitive issues with KStars under MacOS.  I just installed 3.6.0 and it has the same problem as 3.5.8 which had a problem, which I didn't report.  Anyway, It still relates to the "Plugins" directory.  Something must still be looking for "PlugIns" with a capital "I".  I can get around it by creating a symbolic link from...

/Applications/kstars.app/Contents/Plugins

...to...

/Applications/kstars.app/Contents/PlugIns

Since I appear to be the only person that uses KStars on a case-sensitive Mac file system, it's not a priority.  But if you can find a way to fix it in the build, that would be great.

Thanks for making this Mac version, by the way.  It makes my life a lot easier!

Phil