Kstars 3.6.0 MacOS find Object crash

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:04:34 BST 2022

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 01:27 Peter Amerl <pvamerl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Has anyone else experienced an immediate crash when searching for objects
> on a Mac using the Apple-f key combination?
> I can confirm that it has worked in the past without a crash. Neither
> Ctrl-f, nor selecting it from the menu appears to work for me at this time.
> The Crash trace is appended in the zip if anyone wants to have a look.

Hi Peter

When you say it worked in the past, could you provide the exact version /
git commit, and also your current version / git  commit that has the bug? I
made several changes to the Find Dialog in the most recent version, notably
performing asynchronous database queries through another thread. It never
crashed on my Linux system. Also curious if someone else can reproduce it
on MacOS or if it is unique to your system.