Unable to seach on small stars.

Patrick Molenaar pr_molenaar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 15:44:22 GMT 2021

Hi,

I would like to search for a specific star. In KStars I have installed the star catalog up to magnitude 12.5. When I search for a faint star, e.g. HD 5897 (in Andromeda), then the search dialog will not find it. Though the star is displayed in KStars. And when I right click the star it shows me its information (name, magnitude, constellation, rise, transit and set times etc.).

Is this a known issue, or is my database somehow corrupted 🙁.

Currently I manually search for the stars and mark them with a flag. Then when creating a schedule, I can center the flagged object in the center of my screen and let the scheduler get the coordinates of the centered object. But this is quite a work around, while finding the star directly is much faster.

I am looking forward to a reply.

Kind regards,
Patrick