recent regression in fitsdata

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Mar 13 12:59:49 GMT 2021

Hello Hy,

Thanks for the report. The last commit tries to improve updateFrame as I
found it was getting multiple times (sometimes 3 times in quick succession)
even though this function is CPU intensive. A throttle was added that would
wait 250ms before it executes the actual call.

Testing yesterday with the units tests and just regular testing in all
modules didn't show any obvious bug, but it would be great to get more
feedback on this. Are there any circumstances where this doesn't work? I
suppose one condition is that if the updateFrame is called every 250ms or
less then it never fires, i.e. in case of a loop, but I haven't found a
case where loading FITS + processing takes less than 250ms. So there might
be room there for more improvement.

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq