Indi timing

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 02:01:27 GMT 2021

I just ran a little experiment where I compiled Indi with RelWithDebInfo
instead of DEBUG as I had been doing.  I ran a benchmark of running Ekos to
capture a sequence of 30 1s darks on my RPi4 8Gb to my RPi's SSD from my
ZWO ASI 1600 mm pro, (a little under 20M pixels, mono) to compare the 2
versions. Everything on Raspberry Pi OS.

The version which was compiled Debug took 144 seconds.
The version compiled with RelWithDebInfo took 126 seconds.
So, that's about 0.5s faster per download.
Another way to look at it is the non-capture time (just subtracting 30s
from the total time) went from 114s --> 96s, or 3.8s --> 3.2s.

Are the Indi releases compiled with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug as described
in the README section Build indi-core in https://github.com/indilib/indi ?
If so, probably time to change them to RelWithDebInfo.

Hy