Mac Calibration issue with 3.5.2

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Tue Mar 2 09:46:51 GMT 2021

On 01/03/2021 21:10, Hy Murveit wrote:
> Jasem, Rob, et al
>
> Jean-Claude (@jcj) has been having issues with the mac 3.5.2 DMG where
> he can't calibrate at all. He retries the tests on 3.5.1 and
> everything works fine. For instance see this forum post
> https://indilib.org/forum/development/8882-new-kstars-3-5-2-dmg-to-test.html?start=36#67881
> <https://indilib.org/forum/development/8882-new-kstars-3-5-2-dmg-to-test.html?start=36#67881>
> and some others on pages 4,5,6 of that thread.
>
> I looked into his logs and saw that the calibration star detection and
> logic is all working, and in the "move RA out" phase, things work
> (though it moves out very quickly, 15-20 pixels, in the first step, so
> that calibration only requires one step before it exceeds its pixel
> limit), but in the "move RA back" phase, the RA keeps moving out until
> the calibration fails.
>
> I'm not sure whether the signals to the mount are not getting there or
> what, and am at a loss on how to help him. JCJ will be sending one
> more set of logs with Indi Mount debug logging enabled.
>
> It is likely a software issue (since 3.5.1 works). Does anyone have
> any idea how to proceed to debug this?
>
> Any ideas of things that changed between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 that might be
> related to this?
>
> Hy

At the weekend I had a night of opportunity of clear skies, I had a lot
of issues that night, but was running a self compiled INDI,
INDI-3rdParty and Kstars from Git for my equipment on my Raspberry Pi
Astroberry.

Once I got over most of the issues I set off the scheduler and found
that I couldn't complete guiding calibration either on my Celestron CGX.
It failed at the DEC Reverse... stage.

So perhaps not a problem with the Mac, but a problem with the CGX driver?

--
Giles Coochey