dso overhaul causes crashes

Valentin Boettcher hiro at protagon.space
Fri Jun 18 21:00:56 BST 2021

Some more thoughts,

have you tried deleting the ~/.local/share/kstars/dso_main.kscat?

Several things could go wrong here:
  - somehow corrupted dso_main.kscat

  A general question: fallback to deleting the catalog? Maybe a pop up
message? How does one handle exceptions at startup?

  - the dso_main.kscat at /usr/share/kstars is corrupted (this is the
default db that will be copied to ~/.local/share/kstars)

In general I think i will ship openngc by default and make it so that it
is imported at startup if it is not present and the db is newly created
instead of using a pre-created default database.

Also I found that "void KCrash::setCrashHandler" is never called. Is
there a mechanism for printing exception messages before quitting?

Cheers,
Valentin

--
Cheers,