ZWO problem on Mac with Kstars 3.5.1

John Pane john at pane.net
Mon Feb 15 11:21:38 GMT 2021

Am I reading this right, that a simple build error in a public release of kstars 3.5.1, that affects many users, was reported Jan 13 and still has not been fixed?

It seems like this is the kind of thing that should have been detected during the failed build or in testing immediately before release — and failing that, fixed with high priority once discovered. It’s not like this requires complex debugging and coding to fix.

I know it’s free software but it has a good reputation (so far) and people rely on it. If Robert didn’t have the time to build it, couldn’t someone else have done so?

John Pane,
Pittsburgh, PA