Kstars crashes

Eric Dejouhanet eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:47:44 GMT 2021

For what it is worth, I found the issue I was describing. When using
PHD2, the Ekos Guide module reacts to star-lost events by issuing a
new capture, which conflicts with PHD2 activity.

In my case, PHD2 is using subframes, so Guide unexpectedly receives a
small frame, but does not react, which triggers the capture timeout
event, which removes the CCD driver and reconnects it.

In my case again, both CCD are managed by the Atik driver. Thus, PHD2
dies when the guiding camera driver disappears, and Ekos dies when
Scheduler restarts capturing on the main camera.

I'll be issuing a MR to fix that mess.

--
-- eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com - https://astronomy.dejouha.net