KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Wolfgang Reissenberger sterne-jaeger at openfuture.de
Thu Oct 1 16:05:23 BST 2020

Same for me, sounds good.

My question is how we should handle the two bug fixes contained in https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/60 <https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/60> At least one of the bugs is quite severe: currently, EKOS cannot handle two meridian flips in the same session.

On the other side, the entire meridian flip functionality is quite complex and each fix bears the risk of regressions. That’s why I concentrated on developing automated test cases, which are meanwhile included in MR 60. They cover the most common situations where a meridian flip occurred.

From my perspective, it would make sense to include MR 60 into v3.5.0 - as long as the MR review is successful.

Wolfgang