KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:18:11 GMT 2020

So the initial keep parameter not being saved was a bug in StellarSolver before, but I did fix it yesterday in StellarSolver before I sent those messages last night.  You might have missed it but I did mention that I fixed it with the other stuff I said.  So if you were using the older version yes it was not being saved, but now it should.  It was fixed in this commit.

https://github.com/rlancaste/stellarsolver/commit/88135877f588c977e190977afca1c5132aacbbe2

It was not being saved previously because we had added the initial keep parameter but then hadn’t added it to the equals method nor to the options map method used in the file saving.  Sorry I did not do this before, but I think what happened was that we were experimenting with the parameter, we were debating how it could be used, similarly to how we were in the emails yesterday, but we were still thinking about it and hadn’t yet decided whether to leave it alone or change it, but then we moved on to other things and left it unfinished.  But I did fix it yesterday after your email flagging this issue Eric and Hy’s response which reminded me we hadn’t finished it.

All that remains here is to add the parameter to the options profile editor in KStars now, which I was waiting to do until we discussed whether to keep it as is or change the names.  I can add that to KStars next.

Sent from my iPhone