KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:29:28 GMT 2020

Hi Hy, yes by all means we need to play around with the settings.  One of my goals in setting up StellarSolver and the profiles is to set up a way for us to fine tune settings for different setups, to be able to tweak and perfect settings, share settings that work, and get a good set of defaults.   I started playing with settings to make the set of profiles I included, but that was only just me trying some things.  I don’t claim that my settings area really great yet.  That is what I want you guys and the KStars users and testers to perfect.  So by all means, play with settings.  We should be able to come up with a profile that works really well for wide field refractors, and one that works really well with Newtonian scopes with small field sizes, etc. etc. So yes please, have fun with them.  In the interface, I added the ability to tweak settings, and to be able to save and load a single profile, which could then be emailed to others for testing.

I will try to do some work on the Handbook, but there are still a few things I want to take care of in StellarSolver still.  Plus it is the end of the Marking Period for me so I will have a lot of grading to do.  But I will do what I can as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Rob