Make dependencies in KStars

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:48:22 BST 2020

FWIW, I ran git pull this morning, I believe these were the only changes
since I had previously compiled

> git log --name-only

commit 41d8323f85c1c5bce18e56c8850ac028cdca5df2 (*HEAD -> **master*,
*origin/master*, *origin/HEAD*)

Author: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com>

Date:   Fri May 15 15:53:54 2020 +0300

    Correct and simplify the meridian flip degree setting between mount and
ekos

kstars/ekos/mount/mount.ui

commit 6749f48a4a056387ca0695cb275a6256501f88a7

Author: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com>

Date:   Fri May 15 15:31:00 2020 +0300

    Use JNow instead of J2000 when measuring the mount HA circle as propoer
by Chris Rowlands to accurate measure the Polar Alignment Error. Requires
more testing

kstars/ekos/align/align.cpp

kstars/ekos/align/align.h

commit a2ced315eb03f951173a40bb40c28827050ad266

Author: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com>

Date:   Fri May 15 15:29:59 2020 +0300

    Add function to get UTC datetime from DATE-OBS header field

kstars/fitsviewer/fitsdata.cpp

kstars/fitsviewer/fitsdata.h

I ran make -j6 kstars on my RPi, but now with ccache installed.

Here are the stats (I ran cache -z before the compile, so the stats only
reflect the compile).

> ccache -s
cache directory                     /home/pi/.ccache
primary config                      /home/pi/.ccache/ccache.conf
secondary config      (readonly)    /etc/ccache.conf
stats updated                       Fri May 15 13:36:11 2020
stats zeroed                        Fri May 15 13:09:23 2020
cache hit (direct)                     0
cache hit (preprocessed)             336
cache miss                            71
cache hit rate                     82.56 %
called for link                        7
cleanups performed                     0
files in cache                      1337
cache size                         715.5 MB
max cache size                       3.0 GB

So, the great news is that ccache did dramatically speed up my compilation.
(I didn't time it, but cache hit rate was 82.6%). The bad news is that it
really does seem to
recompile many things it doesn't need to.

Could mount.ui be the thing that triggered 400 files to be recompiled?

Hy