Week 5 - Report

Paritosh Sharma paritosh.sharmas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:46:30 BST 2020

Weekly Report 4
GSoC Week 5 - Qt3D based backend for KStars

In the fifth week of GSoC, I worked on adding stars in the 3d Painter
backend along with grids. The code for Qt3D is shifted to a new Skymap3D
now.
What’s done this week

   -

   Shaders for instancing all kinds of stars(labeled, unlabelled) with all
   projection modes.
   -

   A new abstract camera controller.

The Challenges

   -

   Integration issues with the original SkyPainter API written to support
   multiple backends.
   -

   Use of new custom camera controller and view matrix..
   -

   Zooming and focus for deep star objects.

What remains

My priorities for the next week include.

   -

   Adding Skymap events to Skymap3D.
   -

   Debug deep star objects and get started with other sky objects.

Demo

[image: Stars - Lambert]
The Code

   - Celestial Sphere Prototype