Questions about the git repo

Thomas Nemer thomas.nemer at fortytwo.fr
Sun Jan 12 17:37:43 GMT 2020

Hello Jasem,

Thank you for your answers, they are very useful.

1. Ok, I understand tags must not be trusted on the repo, but I still
don't understand the way I can find the commit used to build the repo
version, is it the commit containing the changelog (1d64d8814 KStars
v3.3.9 Change log
<https://cgit.kde.org/kstars.git/commit/?id=1d64d88142fd7f510fc000695e4475e86010298f>)
? What about the commits between this one and the commit stating the
beginning of the 3.4.0 cycle (e60b54ec2 KStars v3.4.0 cycle begins
<https://cgit.kde.org/kstars.git/commit/?id=e60b54ec25a191428e951566380b072273880bc1>),
are these within the 3.3.9 cycle or unofficially part of the 3.4.0?

2. I've cloned from anongit as written here.
<https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5>

3. Ok, I understand. How do you handle contributions, is there some
merge/pull request process?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, I hope I can be of use someday.

Have a nice day,

Thomas Nemer.