Contributing to KStars

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Jan 5 04:51:59 GMT 2020

Hello Shubham,

Thank you for your interest in KStars! It's always great to see new
contributors coming to the project.

Regarding TZrules.dat, try to run 'sudo make install' after you compiled
KStars so that TZrules.dat file is copied to /usr/share/kstars.

For starting point, check out the bugs + wish lists here:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=1696986&product=kstars&query_format=advanced

It's also worth going over the API docs:
https://api.kde.org/extragear-api/edu-apidocs/kstars/html/index.html

This would give you an idea about how KStars work.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq