KST Live Data

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:25:22 BST 2022

Yes: Viewing data appended to a file is the intended use of kst. When
the file grows, the new data will be read and the plots updated (when in
count from end mode or read to end mode).

By default, kst reads white space separated collums of data.

eg, imaging a file called data.txt which contains

1  1
2  4
3  9
4  16

To read this you might enter from the command line:

kst2 data.txt -x 1 -y 2

Or you can read the file from the data wizard in the GUI.

As a side note, the documentation you referenced is obsolete, and refers
to a very old version of kst.

The current documentation is at:

https://kst-plot.kde.org/docbook/html/

cbn