[Kst] getting string value from vector

Dan Field dfield at acm.org
Tue Sep 15 16:38:37 UTC 2015

Hi All:

I would like to annotate my window of graphs with a text box whose value
is to be taken from an input file.  It would be nice if this could be
stuffed in one of the top few records of the file and then have my CSV
data following, but I'm willing to even create an entire column of that
string value.

I presume I can't use a String object since when I go to create the
string, and choose "Read from data source" the field types available are
fixed.  So I try to create a scalar type where one of my columns
consists of the string of interest.  When I try to do this, I get a
value of 0, so I suspect string values aren't supported.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan