[Kst] Zero calibration

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Feb 10 21:34:43 UTC 2015

Hi Gunter,

Welcome! You're not disturbing, this mailing list is here to try and answer user questions...

Regarding the issue you describe below here are some ideas:
- you can sample one point every nth in the data wizard on the data range page (read one sample per x frames option)
- you may try the boxcar filter in the same area, I'm not sure what it does but it may help
- some of the filter plugins available could help you (high pass?)
- you may trick equations into rounding your values, something like 1.0*(value>=0.8) + 0.0*(value<0.8 && value >-0.8) - 1.0*(value<-0.8)

Then if you still can't achieve what you want you may consider writing a plugin. Try to make it as generic as possible so that it can help others too.
You can check the plugins under src/plugins, and in particular the HOWTO located there (visible online at: http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kst-plot.git&a=blob&h=01551c1436f7c34ee008ed567fe1f2d277db0d33&hb=16d4aea302e9f9eeca86e3ad72f448b8303d31b5&f=src%2Fplugins%2FHOWTO_add_a_plugin.txt)

Hoping that helps,

Nicolas