[Kst] [Kst-plot/kst] 839755: fix mingw script to build 3rdparty libs

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Oct 7 08:08:50 UTC 2014

On 07.10.2014 09:07, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I've tried building HDF5 under Windows with the mingw compiler distributed with Qt 5.3,

Currently also check if it works with the mingw of the Qt installer.

 > and it worked with a few trivial changes to the HDF source code. I did it in a "quick and dirty" mode to get started
and see whether it could succeed, but now that it looks rather good, I'd like to rebuild netcdf on top of HDF5 and see
whether that solves the NetCDF-4 issue under Windows.

There is a Cmake build system for netcdf in \kst\cmake\3rdparty\netcdf which we have to update for HDF5.

> I have some questions though:
> - is the install prefix relevant for the automated builds, and if so where should I install to?

It's only needed by the nsis.

> - is the mingw version distributed with Qt 5.3 OK? (I think it's mingw 4.8.2 32 bits)?

Yes, when all is build with this compiler.