[Kst] kde svn is shutting down...

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 10:09:38 UTC 2013

On 16.01.2013 22:13, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> So: we need to port to git.
> Or: I can put kst onto an svn server here.
> Or: we can use sourceforge svn.
>
> There is no panic, but things will start to get harder after feb 1.
>
> Peter - It seems that you know something about git...  can you give us some advice here?
>
> Opinions?
>
> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/SVNInfrastructureShutdown

A ready-to-use git repository of the portto4 branch is already here:

    https://github.com/syntheticpp/kst

with compete history of this branch.

But I have not ported the other branches. Would the svn stay as read only
or will it vanish completely? Then we should also port the whole kst directory.

Regarding the repository: We have to decide where we wanna host the official
one. But moving a git repository is simple as committing.

On github you could create your own fork with a single click, I can add
committers to my repository, but best we create a Kst group.

Or we use the KDE Git infrastructure.

Peter