[Kst] Proposal - Quick plotting of ASCII files

Syam Krishnan syamcr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 15:26:12 UTC 2013

I would like to propose supporting a use-case of quick plotting of
simple multi-column ASCII files without requiring too many mouse clicks.

When an ASCII file is opened by Kst (either as command-line argument or
from GUI), can we provide a way of quick plotting with minimal mouse clicks?
How about a setting "Plot all curves vs 1" and  "Plot all curves vs INDEX"?
All curves can end up in the same plot window or perhaps we can add one
more option button for that.
With this, we can open simple multi-column ASCII files with 1 or 2 mouse
clicks.

Any supporters for this?

Or is this already possible via commandline arguments?

PS: My use-case is that "I wish to be able to double-click a
multi-column text file and have Kst associated with it to immediately
open it with plots of all vectors vs 1".

regards,

Syam